Did you know that over a thousand homes in North Carolina were destroyed by Irene? The far right has begun …Read the Rest
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SJ Reidhead (aka The Pink Flamingo) is a writer based in New Mexico. The author of two novels, both westerns: Dust Devil and The Second Mrs. Earp and two works of non-fictions: TRAVESTY: Frank Waters Earp Agenda Exposed and A Church for Helldorado, Endicott Peabody’s 1882 Tombstone Diary. One of the leading authorities on the life of Wyatt Earp and Tombstone during the Earp years, she is currently attempting to prove that Wyatt Earp’s 2nd wife, Mattie Blaylock, was murdered. Other projects include a volume of Tombstone and Wyatt Earp related articles and essays. The author is currently working on a book about fashion in the Wild West based entirely on unpublished photographs.
The author’s work has appeared in Wild West, True West, Blogcritics, and The Tombstone Times. Recently the author has begun working on a handbook for “children” dealing with geriatric ‘parents’ and the changing roles we must all face in life.
SJ Reidhead has been involved in Republican politics she she was ‘a little kid’. During the Reagan years she was a lobbyist working with various non-profit organizations who were attempting to salvage NASA and the American space program after the disastrous Carter years. The Obama Administration appears to be repeating these same disastrous policies.
The Pink Flamingo went on line on October 4, 2005, after the author realized “normal” Republicans were being marginalized as the extreme far right attempts to become the new normal. There are very few actual Republicans who blog on a regular basis. The Pink Flamingo is one of these blogs.
The Pink Flamingo is an unapologetic neo-con!
THE PINK FLAMINGO STORY
It started out as a joke. During the seven years I worked with the girls of my parish, leading a youth group, one of the things that I stressed were manners. Part of having manners, the way I see it, is to know how to set a proper table, host a party, cater it, and clean up afterward. I was fortunate enough to have a group of very talented girls in my youth group. They learned how to plan for, and execute large church functions, very properly. During one such function I noticed there were several incredibly tacky pink flamingos sitting on the table. Knowing the girls were up to something, I said nothing. A few months later they did the same thing at a function I was hosting at my home. I said nothing. They had a birthday party for me. More pink flamingos appeared – and a joke was born.
Thanks to the girls, all of whom are now grown, I have a collection of pink flamingos. It has become an ongoing joke. When I began working on my political blog, I realized the only possibly title was The Pink Flamingo!
- Obama’s Chick Nation | Car AccidentCar Accident: […] seeing much of “WHY” and more hand wringing and incompetent response.View original post here: Obama’s Chick NationRelated posts:Barack Obama’s …
- Sanity102: You know me. I was warning about the anti-Hispanic rhetoric problem way back when. But the price of gas is …
- Katherine Howard Jones: a riot! but I lost count, how many kitties are there in your cat house? We only have two, …
- SJ Reidhead: 6.5 SJR
- Katherine Howard Jones: so, I lost count – how many kitties are there in your cat house?
- Lee County Clowder: Sounds like a soap opera in critter form. The only one we didn’t notice was the back-stabber who always …
- Glogirly & Katie: You’ve sure had a lot going on in your kitty house! Happy to read things are getting more normal. …
- Friday Noos » Cat Blogosphere: […] The Pink Flamingo Kitties are pleased to welcome Doc Holiday home from a week in the hospital. She has …
- SJ Reidhead: Thank you. If only their behavior matched their appearance! SJR
- jose maria: That was so lovely. You have some gorgeous cats.
- SJ Reidhead: I believe they are called damn Yankees, and I’m not referring to the musical, though I do complain about that …
- jose maria: Mitt has burned his breeches in the South. This remark was published in one of the local newspapers down …
- Sanity102: I would think that buying ads with someone like Rush would give you one ad per week, perhaps two if …
- jose maria: I got a call from Gingrich’s political campaign this morning asking for his vote. The recording was all about …
- Sanity102: And sometimes a banana is just a banana. I agree that the Liberal media, fully convinced of their power to move …
2012 Ayn Rand Barack Obama FOX News George Soros George W. Bush Glenn Beck GOP Potus Harry Teague Health Care Reform Herman Cain Jim DeMint Joe Arpaio John Birch Society John Boehner Laura Ingraham Libertarian Libertarians Lindsey Graham Losertarians Mark Sanford Michael Medved Michele Bachmann Mitt Romney Nancy Pelosi NASA Newt Gingrich Nikki Haley Obama Administration Rand Paul REPUBLICAN Rick Perry Rick Santorum Ronald Reagan Ron Paul Ron Paul Bots Rush Limbaugh Russell Pearce Sarah Palin Sean Hannity Steve Pearce Tea Party Patriots TOMBSTONE WEDNESDAY’S HERO WYATT EARP
- Trayvon, Race, and Perception Is Everything
- Mitt Romney’s Delusional Foreign Policy
- Democrats Shills & Conservative Bullies for Romney
- Moral Midgets
- Tebow or Nobow
- Nuking Newt
- Are We All Etch-a-Sketches Now?
- Apples, Oranges, Republicans, Dems & Voting IDs
- Wednesday’s Hero – Capt. Joseph McConnell
- Obama’s Chick Nation
USE SEARCH FOR EXTENSIVE CATEGORY LIST